|Home||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Jun 2 2013, 06:40 AM
For those a bit stuck on dohtml, here's a quick tutorial on how to use our application template!
Firstly, you don't have to change any of the coding - the only things you'll need to change is the information pertaining to your character. Unsure what this means? No problem! Here's the application template code which I'll reference to:
To find the following fields, skim the code or press ctrl and f and search for the following fields - all you have to do is delete them and replace them with the correct information -
1) CHARACTER NAME -- put your character's name here
2) played by ooc name -- replace the ooc name with YOUR username/the name which you want to be called on the site
3) 500 x 250 image -- replace this with a URL of your banner image (500 piels in width, 250 pixels in height). On image hosting websites such as photobucket or tinypic, you want to replace these with the [b]direct url. Make sure that the " " marks don't get deleted - you want to put the url between them. Need an image? Head to our graphics board for some help![/b]
4) age, race, occupation, canon or oc, 3 skills -- replace these with the appropriate fields.
5) FREE FORM APPLICATION: feel free to go mad here - you can simply outline your character's history, do a mock interview, sample rp posts etc. feel free to change the coding and basically go crazy! so long as we get the general idea of who your character is, where they've come from and their personality, that's all that matters. at least 400 words please! -- delete this text and this is where your application goes! REMEMBER to paragraph in dohtml, you want to put a <*p> at the start of every paragraph. (Remove the *s)
Other dohtml codes to remember are: <*b><*/b> for bold text, <*i><8/i> for italics, <*u><*/u> for underline and <*br><*/br> for line breaks. (Remove the *s )